In May of 1977 a group of approximately 100 Christian believers met at the home of Buddy and Gladys Glover to discuss the need for a new church founded on the Word of God. Led by a group of ordained deacons, with no official pastor, they held their first service at South Graham Elementary School, on June 19, 1977. By October 2, the fellowship had begun meeting in an old store building located at 1137 East Webb Avenue in Burlington NC.
The church was named, ‘Nall Memorial Baptist Church’ in memory of the founding pastor of Calvary Baptist Church from which this group emerged. The church became a part of the Southern Baptist Convention in January of 1978.
Nall Memorial continued to use various interim preachers until June 24, 1979 when Reverend James Larry Hall was chosen as Nall Memorial’s first pastor. He remained Pastor for about sixteen months. Reverend Tom Pierce became pastor in December of 1981 and in 1982 the land was purchased on which the church now stands.
The ground breaking ceremony was held in April of 1984 and the construction of the building was completed in November. The first service was held on December 6, 1984. Tom Pierce remained pastor until March of 1988 and in July the Reverend Felton Massey was called to serve as pastor. He retired in 1992.
Since September 4th, 1994, Nall Memorial Baptist Church has been blessed to have Doctor Wade Cox as their faithful pastor.